Wednesday 7 December 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful ! ......................................

And it really is it is sooooooooooooo cold today ive had the heating on all day and the house still feels cold , had a nice pottering day today done some washing ( which I dried infront of the radiators) ironed and put away tidied a few drawers out  had a dust and vac searched the net for supermarket discount vouchers ( we are going for some of our december shopping tonight ) then made a small mountain of prawn crackers for snacks for the next couple of days ( still not made a dent in the huge 2kg bag we got from the Chinese supermarket ) and made some soup .


This pic looks very pale as I had the flash on but I love this soup its so quick easy and delicious

1 med butternut squash
1med onion
2 carrots
1 parsnip
1chicken stock cube in 1 pint hot water
salt & pepper
1 tbsp paprika

I just chop all veg put in a big heavy bottomed pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and brown
add stock salt pepper and paprika bring to the boil reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins
blend and serve

I get 4 servings out of this recipe for about £1.20


 This huge bag only cost £3.95
This was one good handful ( I have only got small hands ) naughty but nice !!!

So after the shopping I plan to do some more knitting and watch Kirstys Handmade Christmas
Ahhhhhh Bliss! Stay warm

J

No comments:

Post a Comment